Dr. Manish Baijal
Specialist: General Surgery
Experience: 39+years of experience
Hospital: Max Super Specialist Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
Brief of Doctor:
- Dr. Manish Baijal is a Bariatric Surgeon and Laparoscopic Surgeon in Sushant Lok I, Gurgaon and has an experience of 27+years in these fields.
- Dr. Manish Baijal practices at Max Hospital in Sushant Lok I, Gurgaon.
- He completed MBBS from Mangalore University, Karnataka, India in 1992 and DNB – General Surgery from National Board of Examinations in 1996.
- Surgery for morbid obesity and metabolic disorders (weight loss/ bariatric surgery)
- Tummy Tuck
- Surgery for abdominal wall hernias
- Laparoscopic biliary surgeries (Gall bladder stone, common bile duct surgery etc.)
- Has pioneering work in scarless neck surgery for thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Gallbladder Stones
- Obesity Surgery
- Piles Treatment, Fissure, Fistula
- Thyroid & Parathyroid
- Scarless Neck Surgery
- Registrar at Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, 1996-1999
- Attending Consultant Surgeon in Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, 1999-2000
- Senior Consultant surgeon at Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital Saket, 2009 till 2016
- Associate Director at Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Max Hospital Saket, since 2016 till present
- Sr. Consultant to Director, Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery, Max Hospital, Saket since 2009
- Registrar to Attending Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram, 1996 till 2000
- Hernia Society of India (National Chapter of APHS).
- Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI).
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Society of endoscopic & laparoscopic surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Indian association of gastrointestinal endosurgeons (IAGES).
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI).
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Indian Society of Surgical Gastroenterology (ISG).
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- National Board of Examinations
- Hony. Treasurer – Asia Pacific Metabolic & Bariatric Surgical Society (APMBSS)
- Hony. Treasurer and Founder member– Hernia Society of India (HSI) – National Chapter of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Dr Baijal has been awarded winner in the ‘Excellence in Bariatric Surgery’ category by India News Health Awards in November 2016
- Dr Baijal has been conferred the designation of ‘Surgeon of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery’ by the Surgical review corporation, USA .The MAMBS team at Max Healthcare, Saket is also the Founder ‘Center of Excellence’ for Bariatric surgery and Hernia surgery
- Creation of a set of 15 educational teaching CD-ROMs in ‘Minimal Access Surgery- Basic & Advanced Procedures’ released by His Excellency Shri K.R. Narayanan, the Hon. President of India on July 15, 2002
- Faculty member, Ethicon Institute of Surgical education, New Delhi. )
- Teaching Faculty – Professional Affairs & Clinical Education (PACE)
- Teaching Faculty – Centre of Excellence (COE)
Education and training:
- DNB (Gen Surg) – Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Specialization in Bariatric Surgery – Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA
- FALS – Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- FIAGES- Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- MNAMS – National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- MBBS – Kasturba Gandhi Medical College, Manipal