Dr. Pradeep Sharma
Experience: 40+ years of experience
Hospital: Center for sight, New Delhi
Brief About Doctor:
- Dr. Pradeep Sharma is currently working at Center for sight, New Delhi.
- Dr. Pradeep Sharma is an Ophthalmologist, known for paediatric and neuro Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Pradeep Sharma’s overall experience is 40 years.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology & Squint
List of Treatments:
- Laser Treatment
- Vertigo Treatment
- Fibromyalgia Treatment
- Treatment of Squint
- Cataract Surgery
Experience of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- Ex Professor and Head of Strabismus, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Neuro-ophthalmology , at RP Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Advanced Strabismus Fellowship of International Strabismological Association at Jules Stein,UCLA, CA, Wills Eye, Philadelphia, PA and Richmond Eye, Richmond VA (2001)
- First asian to be invited to deliver Knapp Memorial Lecture by AAPOS, Vancouver Canada.”
Research and Designation of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- Over 200 scientific articles in National and International journals or chapters in books
- Section Editor Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2008- till date
- Reviewer for the International Journals Ophthalmology (AAO), BJO, JAAPOS and Strabismus.
- Books authored:
- Strabismus Simplified, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, 1999, 2013
- Essentials of Ophthalmology, Top Medical Publishers New Delhi, 2000.2012
- Over 200 scientific presentations at Regional, National and International Conferences.
- Supervision of 75 MD Ophthalmology Thesis and one DM dissertation in Neurology.
- ICMR project on Nystagmus: Chief Investigator 2005-2007
Memberships of Scientific Societies:
- International Member of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- International Member of International Strabismological Association.
- Life member: All India Ophthalmological Society, Strabismological Society of India, National Society for Prevention of Blindness- India, Delhi Ophthalmic Society,
- Past Secretary, Vice President and Editor Journal, Strabismological Society of India.
- Joint Secretary, NSPB-India,1999-2002
- Chairman, FAICO Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Section,2011-till date.
- Vice President: Ophthalmic Research Association, RPC, AIIMS since 2012.
- Member Communications Committee of International Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Council
- President of Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology Society of India 2018-19.
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- Col Rangachari Gold Medal for the Best Scientific Paper by the All- India Ophthalmological Society, Cochin, 1984.
- Dr Athavale Award for best scientific work in the fields of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus
- and Neuro-ophthalmology, All-India Ophthalmological Society, Ahmedabad, 2002
- Visiting faculty in ORBIS-The Flying Eye Hospital, Chennai, 2002, Miraj 2005, Mt Abu 2008
- Retina Foundation Oration of Gujarat Ophthalmological Society, 2003, Ahmedabad.
- Dr Rustomji Ranji Oration of AP State Ophthalmological Society, 2003, Eluru,AP
- Ophthalmic Society West Bengal Guest Lecture Oration, 2005, Asansol,WB
- Dr Ishwar Chandra Oration of Vidarbha Ophthalmic Society, 2006, Nagpur.
- Dr S N Mitter Oration of Delhi Ophthalmic Society, 2009, New Delhi
- Dr RHP Sinha Oration of Bihar Ophthalmic Society, 2010,
- AIOS IJO 1st Silver Award for 2010 for Horizontal Lang two pencil test 2010
- Dr Daljit Singh Oration of Punjab Ophthalmic Society, Faridkot 2011.
- Dr Gopinatha Menon Oration of Cochin Ophthalmic Club Kochi Kerala, 2014
- Dr MG Bhide Oration of National Institute of Ophthalmology, Pune Maharashtra,2015
- AAPOS Knapp Lecture by American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Vancouver April 2016
- Dr TNC Vedantham Oration by Radhatri Nethralaya Chennai Sept 2015
- Dr ND Lakhanpal Oration by PGIMER Chandigarh, March 2016
- INAPOSS Guest Keynote Speaker for, Indonesian Ped Oph and Strabismus Society, Bandung,
- Indonesia,May 2016
- Sadguru Oration Award by Sadguru Netra Chikitsalaya, Chitrakoot, MP
- AAPOS Best of show Poster award at AAPOS, Nashville TN, USA 2017
- AAO Achievement award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2017
- Prof IS Roy Oration Kolkata Academy of Ophthalmology Kolkata 2019
- Prof HK Tewari Golden Apple IFocus , Hyderabad, 2019
- Dr SK Lall oration of HOS Sirsa, Haryana, 22Sept 2019
- Prof P Siva Reddy Oration of APOS, Kakinada AP. 28 Sept 2019
- Visiting Professor at National Institute of Ophthalmology, Dhaka, Bangladesh 15-17 November
- Visiting Professor at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Invited Inaugural Speaker for the 1st Annual meeting of Bangladesh Society of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Dhaka Bangladesh, 29th February 2020.
Qualification of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- MBBS (AIIMS) December, 1979
- MD (Ophthalmology, AIIMS) December, 1982
- MAMS (Member National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 1995
- FAMS (Fellow National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 2007.
- Fellowship for Advanced training in Strabismus in USA by International Strabismological Association, 2001, at Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Wills Eye Hospital Philadelphia, PA; and Richmond Eye Hospital , Richmond, VA, April – September 2001.