Laparoscopic & Minimal Access Surgery In Aakash Health Care Dwarka
Minimal access surgery also known as laparoscopy surgery is a means of performing surgeries through a small (keyhole) incision instead of large cuts. During the surgery, the surgeons introduce a telescope with a tiny video camera through the small incision to the targeted part of the body and operate it by viewing it on a high-resolution TV monitor. In traditional open surgery, Surgeons are unable to see the targeted part without making a large incision or cuts. Some minimal access surgeries at our hospital are done with robot technology which provides a magnified 3D view of the surgical site and helps the surgeons operate with precision, control, and flexibility. Broadly, minimal access techniques may be categorized as:
- Laparoscopy – Telescope used to operate abdomen
- Thoracoscopy – Telescope used to operate chest
- Arthroscopy – Telescope used to operate joint
Minimal access surgery has huge advantages over traditional open surgeries. Open surgery requires a large incision, disrupting many other nerves, more bleeding, more painful, long stay in the hospital, and complications post-surgery remain for several months while with minimal access surgery these issues are almost non-existent now.
Get Opinion From Doctor
Patients who go through minimal access surgery experience less pain, less bleeding, less scarring, and shorter stay in the hospital. The surgery helps in the faster and early recovery of patients and can resume their routine work in no time.
Aakash Healthcare/Hospital is one of the best centres for Minimal access/laparoscopy, Metabolic, and Bariatric Surgery in Delhi-NCR. Our treatment through minimal access surgery includes gastrointestinal/rectal conditions, thyroid, parathyroid, hernias, pancreatic disorder, gall bladder, spleen, kidney, and liver disorders among several others. The cost of minimal access surgery at Aakash Hospital is very less compared to other hospitals in Delhi-NCR even though the surgery and care offered here are at par with global standards.
Benefits of Minimal Access Surgery:
- Small Incision/cuts
- Less pain
- Quick and early recovery
- Shorter stay
- Less bleeding
- Less scarring
Aakash Healthcare has one of the best surgeons in Delhi. Our team of highly skilled and experienced doctors is committed to performing surgical procedures using minimal access techniques whenever possible, so that patients may take pleasure in fewer post-surgical complications. The new minimal access/ laparoscopic surgeries involve less postoperative pain and blood loss; consequently, the doctor prescribes less pain medication, which is followed by a faster healing process which helps you resume your routine work in no time.
What is Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery?
Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery:
Diet and Exercise often fail to treat people with extreme and excessive obesity effectively. Bariatric /weight loss/obesity surgery is performed to help such individuals lose weight. Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) aims to restrict food intake due to hormonal effects and decrease the absorption of food in the stomach and intestines. A reduction in the amount of calorie absorbed enables patients to lose weight and reduce obesity-related health risks like Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, infertility problem, sleeping disorders and more. Study suggests that bariatric surgery may lower death rates for patients suffering from severe obesity, especially when combined with healthy eating and lifestyle after surgery. The cost of the weight loss surgery is very less compared to America and Europe, even though the treatment offered is same and meets the global standard.
The team of Minimal Access, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Aakash Healthcare is considered as one of the best hospitals for laparoscopic bariatric surgery in Delhi and has the best laparoscopic/bariatric/ surgeons in Dwarka ,Delhi. The highly skilled team at Aakash Healthcare is committed to providing surgical excellence and best outcomes. The team efforts, hard work and dedication towards work have made us one of the favourite healthcare destinations for weight loss/Bariatric surgery in Dwarka, Delhi and India.
Types of Bariatric Surgeries:-
Various types of bariatric surgeries can be performed. Most bariatric surgeries are laparoscopic these days compared to open surgery as it requires less extensive cuts, causes relatively minimal tissue damage, leads to minimal post-operative complications, and allow early discharge from the hospital.
Three types of operations are:-
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG)
- Mini gastric bypass
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB)/Gastric bypass surgery
Who requires Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is not suggested to every patient who is severely overweight. A patient has to meet some medical guidelines to qualify for weight-loss surgery. These include:
- Body Mass Index is 37 or higher (extreme obesity).
- BMI is 32 to 36.5(obesity), and have serious weight-related health issues, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or severe sleep apnea(a sleep disorder that happens when a person’s breathing is interrupted during sleep). In some cases, a patient may qualify for certain weight-loss surgery if BMI is <32 and you have serious weight-related health disorders.
Which type of Bariatric Surgery is best for you?
It depends on your specific situation. Doctors take many factors into account, including body mass index (BMI), eating habits, other health disorders, any previous surgeries, and the risk factors involved with each procedure.
Diet post-bariatric Surgery:-
Post- surgery, the patient generally is on specific diet for a week. The diet generally begins with liquid diets and then followed by soft foods and regular food.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery:-
Bariatric surgeries can provide long-term weight loss. The weight loss post surgery depends on your type of surgery and change in lifestyle habits. It is possible to lose half, or even more of your excess fat within 3-6months. Bariatric surgery not only helps to lose weight but also improve or resolve conditions related to being overweight, including:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Osteoarthritis (joint pain)
- Surgery may also improve an individual’s ability to perform routine daily activities which further enhances the quality of life.
What are the risk factors of Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery includes some potential health risks, both in the short term and long term.
Common risk factors associated with the surgical procedure can include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Adverse reactions to anaesthesia
- Blood clots
- Lung or breathing problems
- Leaks in the gastrointestinal system
- Death (rare)
Get Opinion From Doctor
We offers these Services
- Providing a doctor’s opinion and proper quotation
- Selecting the best hospital and doctor as per your case
- Arranging a call with the doctor (if the case required)
- Visa assistance, Providing Visa Invitation Letter (VIL)
- Providing full guidance how to get Visa from your country
- Providing total cost including treatment, air tickets, accommodation, and food
- Assitance to book flight ticket from your country
- Arranging airport pick up/ drop
- Providing professional language interpreter
- Booking accommodation and guest house as per your budget/ prefrence
- Providing help in money exchanging
- Providing local sim card
- Arranging video consultation with specialist doctor if case requires