Neurointerventional Radiology In Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj
Traditionally, Radiology has been a speciality directed primarily at the diagnostic end of the practice of medicine. In the past few decades, a new field has been emerging which is called Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology (also called endovascular neurosurgery). Interventional Neuroradiology is a minimally invasive approach in the treatment of vascular diseases of the central nervous system. Many vascular lesions of the brain and spine, wherever open surgery can be avoided, are treated through an endovascular approach.
Get Opinion From Doctor
Endovascular treatment for cerebrovascular disease has undergone major developments over the last 20 years. Its dramatic evolution has secured its primary role in the treatment of many conditions (Intracranial Aneurysms, a proportion of venous sinus thrombosis , some arteriovenous malformations and many dural fistulas) , as an effective alternative to surgery in high risk carotid stenosis and as a valuable adjunct to neurosurgery and radiosurgery (large AVMs and skull base tumors) . Its role is being defined in a big way in hyperacute strokes. Interventional Neuroradiology has also made enormous progress in the treatment of complex spinal vascular lesions like spinal AVMs & AV fistulas and vertebroplasties for fractured or weakened vertebral bodies.
Commonly performed procedures at Fortis Hospital are :
– Brain aneurysm coiling.
– Brain and Spinal Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM) embolization
– Treatment of brain and spinal dural AV fistulas,
– Carotid angioplasty and stenting (CAS),
– Skull Base Tumors (SBT) – pre-operative embolization,
– Carotid Cavernous Fistulas (CCF) embolization,
– Intracranial angioplasty and stenting,
– Intra-arterial thrombolysis in acute ischemic strokes
– Cerebral dural venous sinus thrombolysis.
Get Opinion From India’s Best Doctors
We offers these Free Services
- Providing a doctor’s opinion and proper quotation
- Selecting the best hospital and doctor as per your case
- Arranging a call with the doctor (if the case required)
- Visa assistance, Providing Visa Invitation Letter (VIL)
- Providing full guidance how to get Visa from your country
- Providing total cost including treatment, air tickets, accommodation, and food
- Assitance to book flight ticket from your country
- Arranging airport pick up/ drop
- Providing professional language interpreter
- Booking accommodation and guest house as per your budget/ prefrence
- Providing help in money exchanging
- Providing free local sim card
- Arranging video consultation with specialist doctor if case requires