Bone Marrow Transplant In Asian Hospital Faridabad
Asian Centre for Bone Marrow Transplant- An Advanced Bone Marrow Transplant Hospital in India providing a ray of hope to retrieve life. We have a dedicated and state-of-the-art stem cell transplantation centre. The unit deals with blood cancers and other blood-related diseases. The department also caters to stem cell transplantation for non-malignant conditions.
Get Opinion From Doctor
The term ‘Bone Marrow Transplantation’ is actually a misnomer in the present context. The vast majority of transplants involves harvesting of stem cells (primitive cells in the bone marrow transplantation forming mature blood cells like red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets) from the peripheral blood of the donor. Hence, the correct and logical term is peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. The general perception, still amongst many, is that it is a surgical procedure, which is not correct. Only a Medical Oncologist or a Hematologist carries out this staged medical procedure which takes about 4 weeks to complete.
There are two types of stem cell transplantation:
- Autologous (using patient’s own stem cells) and
- Allogenic (using a matched sibling, a matched unrelated donor (MUD), cord blood or a partially matched/ Haploidentical donor). HLA matching for allogeneic transplants requires a blood sample or buccal swab of both the donor and the recipient.
Stem cell harvest is done from the blood of the patient in case of autologous and the donor in case of an allogeneic transplant using mobilizing agents. These stem cells are reinfused into the patient after high dose chemotherapy to rescue the patient’s marrow from the effects of high dose chemotherapy.
Multiple Myeloma (standard for all fit patients below 65 years of age) and relapsed lymphomas mostly require an autologous transplant. Allogenic stem cell transplant has the potential to cure many blood cancers, used for specific indications (AML, ALL, CML, etc.) and is the only curative option for some non- malignant life-threatening diseases like thalassemia major, aplastic anemia and inherited metabolic disorders like Adrenoleukodystrophy and Hurler Syndrome. Awareness of stem cell transplantation is highly essential. This helps in timely consultation and proper treatment at dedicated transplant centres.
Specialist: Medical Oncology / Hematology
Experience: 12+ years
Hospital: Asian Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr Prashant Mehta, is a renowned Medical oncologist, Hematoncologist and Bone marrow transplant specialist at Asian Hospital Faridabad.
- Dr Prashant Mehta believes in an in-depth pathological analysis and thorough immunophenotyping to confirm the diagnosis prior to initiating any form of medicine. For this purpose, he utilizes molecular analysis effectively in order to aid in treatment planning.
- He also specializes in precision oncology and targeted therapy for solid tumors, lymphomas and leukemias.
Get Opinion From Doctor
We offers these Services
- Providing a doctor’s opinion and proper quotation
- Selecting the best hospital and doctor as per your case
- Arranging a call with the doctor (if the case required)
- Visa assistance, Providing Visa Invitation Letter (VIL)
- Providing full guidance how to get Visa from your country
- Providing total cost including treatment, air tickets, accommodation, and food
- Assitance to book flight ticket from your country
- Arranging airport pick up/ drop
- Providing professional language interpreter
- Booking accommodation and guest house as per your budget/ prefrence
- Providing help in money exchanging
- Providing local sim card
- Arranging video consultation with specialist doctor if case requires